With physical activity among children decreasing by the day here are 10 reasons why children should exercise:
- Exercise helps kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints.
- Exercise aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- Exercise improves the quality of sleep.
- Exercise promotes improved school attendance and improves academic performance.
- Exercise helps increase self-esteem and better self-images.
- Regular physical activity can prevent the development of heart disease, diabetes and obesity and helps promote better health.
- Helps decrease the chances of anxiety and depression.
- Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of motor performance skills.
- Exercise improves overall mood.